11.12.2007

Good Samaritans

A few days ago, when my parents drove me to my office, I saw a blind couple walking along the pavement of Gateway Mall. The man was leading the way with a stick and the wife, at the back of her husband, holding his shoulder. I noticed that there were some young individuals who were seated on the cemented ground, eagerly watching the couple. There was a post situated in the corner of the sidewalk made of metal and a garbage can. The couple might be treading their way home from their workplace, most possibly from a nearby mall where massage parlors abound. To my surprise, I saw the man bumped his head on the metal post while those heartless and mean people did nothing (and possibly laughed real hard)!!

My heart was disheartened... and I instantly thank God that I could see!

A few weeks back, I too had a mishap together with my mom. She fetched me from work and we decided to walk back home. We walked through the crowded and busy road of Aurora Boulevard before 6am. I fell from my chair due to a crack on the ground which prohibited the caster of my wheelchair to move. To my surprise, people from all over appeared, extending their hand to make me sit back on my wheelchair.

Given these two scenarios, I would presume that there are still good Samaritans in this time and age. I felt truly grateful for all those who willingly helped me and for the good manong who assisted me. My left knee hurt. Again, I thank God that I am alright and the experience will always be remembered.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...