8.27.2018

Grateful for Good Samaritans

pluviophile [PLOO vyoh fahyl] : noun
1. a lover of rain
2. someone who finds joy and
peace of mind during rainy days


Living in a tropical country makes me yearn for a cooler temperature when the sun's blazing heat is unbearable and drier days when the rain endlessly falls from the dark clouds. But between the two, I prefer the rainy weather.


I love it when it rains. It reminds me of my younger, carefree days when I gleefully bathed into it. Today, it still has a comforting and relaxing effect on my being just like the trees and the plants that are overjoyed when drenched.


✿✿✿


Two weeks ago, I lost my ATM/debit card accidentally. After reporting the details to a customer representative, I was relieved to hear that there was no withdrawal attempt made. I also received instructions on the how-to's as well as the documents needed for the replacement card. An affidavit of loss was another requirement I had to obtain. Coincidentally, the bank and the shop where I can have the document stamped were in the same establishment. 


I was overwhelmed with the number of people waiting for their own papers to be released when I reached the shop. While I was contemplating on how I can accomplish my task, a lady suddenly approached me and inquired if I needed to get inside. She proactively asked those who were near the entrance to give way to me (and my wheelchair). The moment I got in, I was appalled with the situation I faced since the counter was higher than myself and I couldn't find any staff! Another kind woman assisted me and in less than five minutes, the document was ready! 




From my experience, people around me are often helpful. Others may seem apathetic, but by verbalizing that I need assistance, they understand and make my situation less difficult. On the contrary, despite the presence of the Magna Carta Law for the disabled, many are still ignorant of the PWDs' needs. Thank heavens for sending these wonderful individuals!


Have you helped someone recently? How?


1 comment :

  1. I believe there's always goodness in everyone. Thank God for good people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...