11.18.2014

The Changing Seasons



"To every thing  there is a season, 
and a time to every purpose under the heaven... 
a  time to weep, and a time to laugh... 
He hath made every thing beautiful  in His time..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1-15 (KJV)


We lost a granduncle last month who succumbed to cancer. The battle was long and excruciating. His sufferings were heightened after a bad fall in the bathroom that fractured his hipbone. This mishap further compelled him to be bed ridden 24/7. On hindsight, we were relieved that those agonizing moments were over now and that he's in a better place than all of us.


✿✿✿


My brothers and I weren't born with a golden spoon in our mouths. I witnessed how my hardworking parents provided for our needs and our occasional wants. On the contrary, we are exceedingly blessed for the unending support, love, understanding and trust they untiringly shower us with to this day. My grandmother also portrayed a significant role while we were growing up. She inculcated the importance of time as well as money and introduced Christianity to our family.


Our dreams coupled with hard work, dedication and persistence enabled us to be where we are right now. Similarly being grounded in the Word of God further directs us to tread the right path. And despite the numerous bump rides in our various journeys, it is our faith and the love for family that keeps us closer to each other.


My second sibling is now a doctor specializing in radiology and has a sub-specialty in MRI, ultrasound and CT-scan. My youngest brother is a sous chef for an offshore floating hotel for an oil rig. Their destination to these jobs weren't easy; yet they are now reaping the rewards of their hard work. 


A famous saying in our vernacular goes like this: "ang buhay ay parang gulong."  If there is one thing that I've realized in my life, it is to value whatever skill or resource He has bestowed me with. And as a responsible steward to His wonderful blessings, I am only giving my best in all my undertakings and valuing all that I have. Thus, wait patiently. He makes every thing beautiful in His perfect time!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...