4.10.2024

Four Years in the Making

In the metropolis, traffic has worsened especially after the COVID-19 pandemic. The number of motorcycles significantly increased when public transportation (like bus, jeepney, taxi, etc.) stopped its operations. Many have to find alternative solutions to continue earning a living. The Big Four  motorcycle manufacturers (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki) made  people's commute to their work convenient. 


Road accidents are frequent since time immemorial, more so, when many motorists do not have sufficient road safety knowledge. Road rage is rampant, too. Some drivers lose their patience due to the different challenges they may experience on their way to their destinations. And this can be fatal. Therefore, discipline is essential, especially if you are in charge of the steering wheel.


Coincidentally, I drive for my parents these days. Despite being a person with disability (PWD), I am now a non-professional license holder and I went through the rigors of getting one.  I waited for four long years while I prayed about it. God also allowed me to meet the right individuals (although not instantly) to make this endeavour a reality. Indeed, there were disappointments in between. However, my faith is much stronger than any of those. The timing too was perfect. The obstacles in the past were answered! And the best part is, to be able to go to places without the need to wait for someone to be free nor hire a driver because I can now do it myself, even in the midst of a hundred or so motorcycles! 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...