9.23.2024

Generation Catch Up

I was in awe when my 15-year-old niece explained to me the difference between a mechanical and membrane keyboard!


She was studying in the dining room, complete with her books, notebooks, laptop and wireless keyboard in front of her. Out of curiosity, I checked her wireless keyboard by touch-typing, lifting, and observing it's physical features (since the one I use is longer and lighter, a membrane; while hers is the mechanical type - shorter and the keys light once you click it). I was dumbstrucked with the difference!


I never thought there were several variations. When I visit a regular computer parts shop, the choice of a wireless keyboard is limited and is often the membrane. Or perhaps, I am not as updated as she is, haha! It was indeed fun learning something new, in fact it was one of those "ohhhhh" moments for me.


A mechanical wireless keyboard is heavier, thicker, and can withstand millions of clicks. It's multiple connection (wired, a USB port, and bluetooth) will allow you to work on anything. After further researching from the Internet, I was all the more amazed as my not-so-techie brain cells tried to understand and absorb the new information. In the meantime, I convince myself that what I have is fairly a good buy! 



 

1 comment :

  1. I am not at all tech savvy, and I have never heard of membrane when it comes to computers. I am really in need of a generation catch up. Happy Fall....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...