6.08.2015

Behind the Name, Farida

Farida [fa-REE-duh] : noun
1. unique
2. matchless
Definition from Wikipedia


And that is my name. It was given by my grandmother because she thought it was beautiful. She had a friend decades ago with the same name and gave it to me when I was born. I was the first grandchild too so you could just imagine the excitement and exhilaration I created in my family!


Unique... matchless... are very powerful words. As I think about these adjectives and relate it to my personality and my story for some similarities, I was amused. My pains and my cuts are the reasons why I smile, why I am appreciative and why I am more grateful. And probably why I am unique and matchless!


Have you thought about the meaning of your name?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...