12.30.2018

Today I Am Pleased...

Today I am pleased... as I recall and reflect on the life I have now and what I have become after 22 years. The horrific vehicular accident that fractured and dislocated two levels of my spine was indeed a life changing experience! (Read full story from here)



Undeniably, my journey had so many forks in the road, bumpy rides along potholes and reroutings due to the longstanding traffic! In the process of all these chaos, I am very pleased to have allowed my good Lord to work in my life as I delight to learn His mandates and listen thoughtfully. I continue to seek for His restoration and guidance that I may grow continually (because I am but a sinner). "As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving." Colossians 2:6-7, KJV


His wonderful grace has sustained me through. In the process, I learned resilience from my uncountable challenges and I practiced fortitude no matter how paralyzing some events were. This day marks another milestone for me as I celebrate the equal number of years I used to be an able-bodied and a paraplegic!




Similarly, I am pleased to celebrate Christmas eve with my grandmother who had a bad fall last September 2nd that resulted to a fractured left hip and was replaced partially. I was present when she was brought to the emergency room, I saw her yell in pain while being transferred and witnessed her progression after her operation no matter how slowly it was due to her age.


My 2018 was overall satisfactory though I have not amassed myself with earthly possessions. I have no reason to complain but only overflowing gratitude for having a fairly good health, that I am surrounded with the people who adore me and a job I enjoy doing. Prayerfully our 2019 will be a fruitful one filled with kindness and determination for our dreams to be fulfilled.

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness dear Farida. You are quite the inspiration. To go through what you have gone through and are still going through, trusting in Jesus and growing ever closer to Him. Your story makes me want to wake up to the blessings I have in my life and to NOT think on the negatives.

    God's continued blessings in your life. You are a lovely woman with a beautiful smile and a joyous light in your eyes.

    Have a wonderful 2019.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...