8.15.2019

Lifetime Commitment and Decision

I woke up this morning to the aroma of my favorite breakfast dishes - tuyo and tocino. They are best paired with sliced tomatoes and salted eggs. I am equally content with vinegar (very spicy please) as my sawsawan if the former is not available. Delightfully, both were served.


Then I gleefully greeted my parents with a hearty "good morning," did my usual tasks of setting the table, plugging the hot water dispenser and preparing the coffee mixture with a smile on my lips because today, August 15th, marks the 48th wedding anniversary of these two indispensable persons in my life.  While enjoying the food, they remembered the bittersweet moments in their married life. I was keenly listening; I knew these were necessary to make them stronger beings.


I am in awe at God's wonderful grace for enabling them to still be together when break ups (and very soon divorce) are prevalent in our society. I often hear people say, "it takes two to tango," never realizing that it actually takes three. Putting Christ at the apex is paramount! They are not perfect but they were fearfully and wonderfully made for each other (Psalms 139:14). Moreover, I cannot thank my Jehovah enough for them.




It is my fervent prayer that they continue to put our Father God first as they journey together in their lifetime commitment and decision in serving Him.


2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...