3.06.2023

Touched By Their Lives

It's been more than 10 years since I started working from home. Surprisingly, I am loving it. I need not wake up so early to prepare for work nor beat the horrendous traffic daily. I can also save more by eating the home cooked meals my mother prepares which is nutritious, too. 


The downside is, my network has become very small. I am also not so keen at keeping in touch with my former colleagues nor classmates. 


At church, however, there is a handful of people I regularly have interactions with. Through their life stories, I have become more grateful; perhaps, even emerged as a better person. Their stories I am sharing below to inspire.


J, now 23 years old was only 16 when she was forced to live independently after her father drove her out of their house. Her religious convictions to be faithful to God was the reason, which the latter abhorred. To date, God continues to sustain her needs - she has a stable job and was recently promoted. Her determination to finish college is one of her priorities and manages to complete two or three subjects  quarterly. As the eldest in their family, she takes the responsibility of sending her siblings to school and supports them financially!


D's faith was tried after his father, a pastor, was involved in a scandal. Despite the embarrassment and anxiety she faced, she overcame the past with godly associations and heeded their counsel. She too is self-supporting. Her commitment to serve is admirable. She allots her Saturdays at the newest mission site to help. She is part of two ministries and her zest for life is contagious!


JT was a member of a tribal group and dreamed of having tertiary education. He also yearned to be a missionary at a very young age. To date, he is a professional teacher (license holder) and is one of the trusted men who delivers the word of God whenever our pastor has speaking engagements elsewhere. 


Their  backgrounds were tough, choices were right and present circumstances praiseworthy. I am blessed to have witnessed their growth as an individual,  have seen their careers blossom, more so, their journey towards spiritual maturity. They have touched my life and I pray yours, too.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...