11.20.2016

Food Around Taipei

One of the best things to do and is always in my bucket list when traveling is to have a taste of the local cuisines, to mingle with the people, observe the environment and enjoy. The moment I get out of the cabin, I keenly look around me and start learning and appreciating.


 Let me share with you the things I enjoyed eating during my entire stay in Taipei:


Bubble Tea is a tea-based drink that originated in Taiwan in the 80s. Having a sip of this refreshing drink with chewy tapioca balls is something you shouldn't miss. It came with a tray of nuts and chips served by truly friendly and helpful staff.


✿✿✿✿✿


After being settled, we searched for a place to eat situated on a street filled with many more restaurants, bakeries, convenience stores and shops. Not so far away from the hotel, we walked to the nearest stop light and chose what seemed appealing - a very local restaurant selling the popular noodles and dumplings.


Chili wanton noodles

Steamed dumplings

Wanton noodles


Admittedly, it was very filling. The noodles abundant. The dumplings encased in smooth wanton wrappers that were flavorful and tender unlike the ones we get from the kiosks here filled with extenders.

✿✿✿✿✿


My Favorite Place is a restaurant and pub populated by mostly the expats to unwind after a long workday. The food in their menu is fusion. Interestingly, in house water was never served here and in all the restaurants I've been to. They were sold.


Salmon fried rice

Combination platter of chicken wings, fish fillet, cheese sticks, calamares, onion rings


✿✿✿✿✿


Before heading to the indoor observatory at Taipei 101, we went around their food court to select from so many food stalls! Undeniably, I was happy with my order. Just the right amount to keep me going until dinner time.


(L-R) Kushikatsu (fried) sweet potato, tako and tempura

Irresistible strawberry custard puff and iced coffee latte

At Agnes b. Cafe

Ornate tiles I needed to capture


✿✿✿✿✿


Cold with tofu, tapioca pearls and sweet potato

Hot with tapioca pearls and glutinous rice

Meet fresh is a refreshment shop that sells fresh juices, popcorn and those in the photo which is like our version of ginataan.


✿✿✿✿✿



Souvenirs


1 - Green bean cake. This is like our version of polvoron. My mom thought that perhaps it is made of munggo because of its color. It is creamy but not as sweet.
2 - Chips from 7 11.
3 - Tart nuts. These are packed individually and each has different nuts and ingredients in it.
4 - Mochi made of glutinous rice with six filling likes taro, mung beans, adzuki beans, sesame and peanuts like our own tikoy only elongated in shape.
5 - Pineapple cake. One box contains 10 cakes in a golden box like gold bar that is square in shape.
6 - Drip coffee from the hotel.
7 - 3-in-1 Nescafe Gold which I don't see in the supermarket here these days.


We also had a late lunch at Starbucks once. I failed to capture what we ate because I was amused to witness a lady leaving the table she was occupying for us. We had their turkey sandwich and cold coffee. On another instance, we had dinner at another local restaurant.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...