5.21.2019

Overflowing Blessings

Photo from Walls Need Love


"Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done." is a famous line from a hymn I learned early on in my Christian life. I like the idea of focusing on the positives no matter how trivial as I thank the heavens for every thing despite the odds and  uncertainties. It has also been my habit to enumerate three blessings on a daily basis and consciously look at the goodness of life.

✿✿✿✿✿

Early this year, my prayer for our house to be completely accessible became a reality. An extra ramp was added outdoor. The existing three were adjusted to have an even slope. Similarly the posts that held the door of the toilet were removed which prevented me to use it in the past. A church member who was skilled and available did all these tasks. Before we proceeded with the renovation, we were quite hesitant because of the noise, dirt and money involved. It was also unhygienic to use the commode long term but it still serves the purpose on rare occasions.

As a PWD (person with disability) transferring to and fro has been a challenge. Despite my parents' willingness to help me, they are not always available. Our good Lord has directed me to  purchase a raised toilet seat which was attached to the toilet bowl so that my chair is at the same level.  Similarly, I was able to buy a shower bench with adjustable legs that makes my transfers a breeze. And these liberate me to be as independent as I can be at (least at) home.

✿✿✿✿✿

My grandmother celebrated her 93rd birthday on May 10th. I was joyfully glad to see her walking minus an assistive device after her horrific fall last September. My Lord has sustained her through her most difficult moment. She is back to her jolly old self but has lost weight despite her massive appetite.

✿✿✿✿✿

During our church's anniversary last month, I was able to listen to the invited pastors' brief testimonies. The struggles in their ministries as well as the sacrifices they have done as they stood on their faith were unthinkable but with the grace and compassion of God; they are managing. Thus, I feel privileged to be a member of our church who is led by a pastor who studies the Bible meticulously and painstakingly. He imparts the scripture to us and teaches nothing but the truth.

✿✿✿✿✿

My mother forgot her wallet when we were in a mall after buying some pastries. She remembered it was missing when she had to buy another product. Luckily, the store's attendant handed it to her when she went back, complete with all the cash and IDs. And as I remind myself of all these blessings, I once again proved that our amazing and wonderful Savior is alive.


4 comments :

  1. God's continued blessings on you dear Farida. You inspire me to keep trusting Jesus more and to always be thankful.

    Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an inspiration yourself, Ms. Lorraine. Thank you for the blog visit. :)

      Delete
  2. So true. God is good all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... And from my occasional visits to your blog, I have read how He has been working in your life too. :) Warmest regards!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...