11.09.2021

Little Baguio Of Antipolo

My parents and I have been discovering remarkable places with beautiful views around Rizal. Each trip never fails to give me a pleasant feeling and an attitude of gratitude that my senses are perfectly fine despite my inability to walk. 


After visiting the grocery and a quick lunch we got via drive thru, off we went to another adventure. Last week, my father and uncle came to the same place but were not allowed to pass through. I whispered a silent, "thank you, Lord" when the security guards allowed us to get in after a short interrogation. 


Wow!
The road - very charming with tall and lush pine trees lined up on both sides of the two-kilometer (or so) stretch. My eyes were delighted to witness a view I don't get to see on a daily basis. My ears were happy to hear the sound of cicadas as if they were welcoming us once I brought the vehicle's window down. The breeze, cool, although the sky abounded with feathery clouds.


There were many other motorists who, like us were excited to see the beauty of Antipolo's "Little Baguio," situated on Sapinit Road, Barangay San Juan in Rizal. Many stayed longer, got out of their vehicles and spent time posing for a photo. One family was having a picnic as they comfortably sat on a mat that was spread on the grass and leisurely ate the food they brought. Others walked along the road with their pets and kids on their bicycles. It is a conducive place to spend time, enjoy the fresh air and be in  the midst of a magnificent place. 


On the right side is the view of the Sierra Madre Mountains. The opposite is dense with many other trees akin to a mini forest. We also found a nursery that abounded with ornamental plants. 


We learned from the security guards that the property is owned by the Araneta's. Although it was unfathomable for me to initially understand why this endeavor was done, I was glad they did! It's open to the public only this year. It's an added attraction too to those who prefer to discover and reconnect with nature (rather than the usual trip to the mall).  I also learned that some residents are selling the rights of their properties. It would be ideal to have a small house in such environment, like in a quaint painting or a postcard. I can only dream about it but I'm grateful to have the opportunity to visit, even for a fleeting moment.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...